If you’re trying to capitalize on work from home opportunities, negativity can discourage you, add stress to your life, make you less productive, and pretty much stop you’re progress in its tracks. Positivity on the other hand has many benefits across your life in terms of your health, relationships, and career. Positive people are successful people.
Wrong Perceptions about the Internet
The main reason so many Internet businesses fail really isn’t all that surprising when you stop to think about the people who are starting internet businesses.
For some unknown reason, most people think that running a successful internet business is as easy as getting a website built and hanging out an ‘open for business’ sign. They couldn’t be more wrong.
Running a successful internet business of any kind requires self-discipline. People will start an internet business and think that they can party all night, sleep until noon and then make a living in 3 or 4 hours sitting in front of a computer.
They somehow think that the world is just going to line up on their website and hand over money. It isn’t going to happen.
Internet businesses do not run on auto-pilot. It is true that well established internet marketing gurus do not have to put in long, tedious hours on their businesses but it is a privilege that that has been earned by putting in a lot of long and tedious hours.
It didn’t happen overnight for them and it won’t happen overnight for anybody. Most people are totally unprepared for the time investment that must be made in order for an internet business to become successful.
The Right Mindset Just Isn’t There!
You have most likely heard the phrase, ‘He has an attitude!” This is usually a derogatory remark made about a person with a disagreeable attitude.
But the word ‘attitude’ is an important one when discussing internet marketing start-ups. A good attitude…a good mind set can’t insure success but a bad attitude and a bad mind set can certainly guarantee failure.
Here are some wrong attitudes that will absolutely guarantee failure:
- I can work when I want to. Wrong, wrong, wrong! You can’t just work when you feel like it. You have to expect to put in many long hours of very hard work to make a new internet enterprise succeed.
- I can get rich quick! You couldn’t be more wrong and you are not only wrong but you are putting yourself in danger as well. There are bazillions of crooks out there on the internet who are waiting for their next easy mark and if you are looking for a quick way to get rich, you ARE the next mark.
It is possible to make a very comfortable living with internet marketing enterprises but if anybody ever tells you it is quick or easy, they are lying to you.
- I don’t need a business plan. There you are…wrong yet again. Internet business is still business. All of the same business principles apply to online business as apply to brick and mortar business. It is imperative that you have a plan for success that is based upon these sound business principles.
- When you have an internet business of your own, you don’t have a boss. You are your boss. If you aren’t a good boss who sees to it that work is accomplished on time and in full, you will doom yourself to certain failure. Unless you are a boss who sets up a working schedule and establishes goals that must be met, you will find yourself working at a job under a boss who does do those things and maybe for minimum wage.
How You Can Avoid Joining the Failing Masses
No business can guarantee success under any circumstances.
Even big international businesses can fail at new business ventures. Failure is always an option but the possibility of success can be optimized.
You can optimize the possibility of success by:
- Having a good solid business plan in place BEFORE you launch your online business. There is an old saying: “Those who fail to plan, plan to fail”. A detailed set of plans for success needs to be made. You need to have the steps from getting from point A to point B listed in great detail that include realistic cost estimates for accomplishing each step.
- Expecting to work very hard to accomplish your goals. You must never expect anything to be easy. You will be right most of the time because things are rarely as easy as they look. Each step toward success requires work, time and patience. Sometimes things don’t work out right on the first try. You have to be willing to try again and again until you do succeed.
- Not falling for ‘get-rich-quick schemes. The internet woods are full of those who prey upon those who are looking for quick and easy ways to become rich. Those ways do not exist. Get over thinking that there is an easy way. There is NOT.
Having the Right, Positive Mindset
A right and healthy mind set will not guarantee success but a wrong and unhealthy or unrealistic mindset will most assuredly guarantee failure. So, the right positive mindset is the first corner stone that must be laid upon which a successful business can be constructed.
The importance of a positive mindset cannot be understated! It’s the most important factor in determining success or failure! I’ll leave you with a quote from Mother Teresa. “I will never attend an anti-war rally; if you have a peace rally, invite me“.
Mother Teresa knew the difference between negative mindset and positive mindset. She knew that anti-war is a negative mindset. It is simply saying all the things you don’t like about war and is less than productive. An anti-war rally has never done anything to end war. What does end war…. Peace! Where peace exists war cannot.
Mother Teresa was a positive thinker and look at all the great things she accomplished in her life!